I use Suntana Spray Tanning lotion, it smells so good you could eat it. The Light lotion smells of Coconut, the Medium lotion smells of Cherries and the Dark lotion smells of Chocolate. Spray tan Prices are as follows:
Full body - £20
Half body - £12.50
Tan Party - £15 per guest (host gets free tan. Minimum of 5 guests)
Pay for 5 full price Tanning sessions and get your 6th free (terms apply)
Tan tattoo (prove you have white bits) - From £3
Please note that all clients under the age of 16 will be required to have a parent present who will be required to sign a consent form.
Disposable knickers, sticky feet and hair nets are included. If you wish to wear your own garments, please make sure they are dark coloured, not expensive and not silk, nylon or leather as these will stain. Please make sure you follow the Pre and Post Tan Guidelines to make sure you receive the best results:
Pre - Tan:
- Wax 2 days before tanning or shave the night before as wax residue will block tanner absorption.
- Take a shower and ex-foliate using a wash cloth or exfoliating pad prior to tanning session.(Removing any dead cells and body oils will help sunless tanner penetrate your skin and give you the best results)
- All makeup, perfume, moisturisers and deodorant must be removed prior to tanning. (Lotions can act as a barrier, preventing the solution from contacting your skin and deodorant will turn green!!!)
- You may tan in the garment of your choice or ladies may be sprayed nude. Bathing suits and underwear work well.
- Men are required to wear underwear or bathing suits.
- Disposable underwear is available if you require them.
- Wear loose fitting dark clothing and flip flops as some bronzers can rub off on your clothing.
- To avoid freckles from getting darker, use a cosmetic concealer over the areas to block the solution, giving an even appearance of colour.
- Apply nail varnish to both finger and toe nails (either clear or coloured). This is especially important if you are wearing nail extensions as tanning solution can stain your nails.
- If there is any chance of rain, bring an umberella with you as rain may cause streaking and/or spotting.
Post - Tan:
- Do not wash your hands for at least 4 hours.
- Do not put on tight clothes for at least 4 hours.
- Do not exercise the first day. (Perspiring immediately after tanning alters the chemical reaction)
- Do not swim or immerse in water.
- Do not apply moisturiser for at least 8 hours.
Maintaining and Prolonging your tan:
- Wait at least 8 hours before showering. Recommended next day. You may see colour washing off the first time you shower, this is normal it is just the guide colour and will not effect the outcome of your tan.
- Apply Moisturiser after showering and every day after your tanning session. This will help prolong your tan.
- Chlorine from pool or jacuzzi can cause tan to fade faster.
What is DHA?
Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) is the main active ingredient in all sunless tanning preparations. It has no known toxicity and has been approved for cosmetic use worldwide. It may be used alone or combined with other tanning components such as erythrulose. DHA is considered the most effective sun-free tanning additive. History lesson - DHA (naturally derived from sugar cane) used to be given to children who suffered from a rare condition where they couldn't naturally produce glucose in their own bodies. The children were spoon fed the sugar derivative which was sometimes spilled onto the skin. Healthcare workers noticed that the skin turned brown after a few hours. Thus the tanning effects of DHA were discovered!!
What sort of tan will I get?
A Suntana spray tan will temporarily make your skin a lovely golden brown. The chemical reaction physically changes your skin colour. Our solution has been well-tested in order to ensure that it looks exactly like a natural tan. Even fair-skinned clients who don't tan easily will benefit from a Suntana spray tan.
Does Suntana spray tan solution contain an instant bronzer or guide colour?
Yes, our solution does contain a bronzer which makes it easy to apply and gives you an instant tanned look the moment you have been sprayed, perfect for those last minute events. The guide colour is then easily washed off a few hours later to reveal a lovely tan. The guide colour is a very good way of gauging the final result, once you are happy with the colour you will find the tan which develops beneath will be very similar.
Will it damage my clothes?
You should be aware that DHA can stain silk, nylon and leather clothing. Any clothes put on after the application should also be dark, cotton based and loosely fitted so they will rub on your new tan. Any colour that rubs off can usually be washed out in a normal wash cycle. Try to avoid putting on closed shoes and socks as they will not only cause your feet to sweat but they will also grind down your tan as you walk.
How long will my spray tan last?
A Suntana spray tan can last up to 10 days, if maintained properly.
Should I be concerned if I have a skin condition?
Conditions such as Psoriasis or excessively dry skin could cause patchy or uneven results. Care should also be taken to prevent DHA colouration of the hair and nails, barrier creams such as Vaseline are ideal for this.